Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another Sunny day....

Hey everybody! Here's the song I chose to reflect how I felt about Ventimiglia, Italy:



This trip was pretty random, as we decided at 8 oclock on Thursday night that we should take the train 9 oclock Friday morning to Ventimiglia, Italy to catch the morning market they have there on Fridays. It was such a beautiful place, and the market was MASSIVE. Literally about a mile long. It was seaside, which was really cute, and it was really cheap. It was like an outdoor flea market (and yes I did buy something. A happy dress!) which we explored for a good hour or so. We had a FABULOUS authentic Italian meal at a street-side cafe (for me it was ensalada caprese, gnocchi, and tiramisu, yum!) and then continued on our way. Not before asking our server where the church was, however. Marit heard it was nice, so we figured it was worth asking about. Since Vintimiglia is on the border of France and Italy, it's common to find both French and Italian spoken there, and boy was that rough trying to keep the two straight! The host at our cafe spoke Italian, English, and French! I kept telling him "oui" instead of "si" and then correcting myself. Finally I asked him "Dove il duomo grande?" -"where is the big church?" and he was like, "Oh! You talk to me in italian, and I'll talk to you in english!" Success!

So we went into old town (because every city seems to have one here) and we just walked around, found the church, strolled through peoples yards, etc. It was beautiful for most of the day (until it got cloudy) and it was a bit cold, but it was a lot of fun.

It was just another sunny day, going off to Italy with some friends :) I absolutely LOVE Italy. Like, with all of my heart. But more on this later, for now, pictures!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac43/kolormekatie/Vintimiglia%20Italy/


Love you all beyond words!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like another amazing day in the life of an amazing woman! Wow, what a great photo library you are building! Keep safe!!! Love you big time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Even if you hadn't told us you were in Italy, just posted pictures... I would have know that's where you were! For some reason, I am an Italian girl... I just LOVE it! Maybe I lived in Italy in another life?! LOL! I agree with your Dad... what an awesome bunch of pictures you are taking! Someday, you need to come visit, so I can help you make a scrapbook of your trip memories! Lots of love and hugs... miss you bunches! B

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are beautiful! Italy sounds wonderful--glad you had such a good time. Nothing tops friends + leisure + sunshine. :) (Even though this is already outdated by another blog post, I'm commenting anyway so I'll have replied to everything!)

    ReplyDelete